Digital Futures is delighted to have become a member of Tech She Can, a charity that inspires and educates girls and women to study technology subjects and pursue technology careers so that they have an equal opportunity to participate in the jobs of the future.
Tech She Can’s mission is to give everyone the opportunity to participate in developing and creating the technology that shapes our world, ensuring it works for all.
The gender gap in the technology industry is a significant challenge which both Digital Futures and Tech She Can are committed to addressing. Collaboration sits at the heart of Tech She Can’s strategy and we are excited to be working in partnership with them in pursuit of our mission to support more women into careers in technology and thus build a digital workforce that is representative of society.
As a member of Tech She Can, we pledge:
- to position our employees in the classroom through the Tech We Can Champion training
scheme and lessons, working with schools to educate and inspire pupils and teachers
about technology and technology career
- to target schools in the Government’s social mobility cold spot areas across the UK,
maximising the impact of Tech She Can’s work
And within our organisation, at all levels:
- to promote the Tech We Can Champions training scheme to our workforce
- to celebrate and highlight the Tech She Can women in tech role model community, as well
as showcasing our own nominating three ‘stellar’ role models to feature in Tech She Can’s resources
- to ensure inclusive access to technology training and technology roles
- to create the right environment to attract, retain and advance women in tech
- to share best practice
“Inclusion and equity are at the heart of our mission at Digital Futures, and we are thrilled to become a member of Tech She Can to support their initiatives in education and inspiring young women into the tech industry”, said Scott Vincent, Digital Futures CEO.